About the PET-CT Scan
PET CT is a diagnostic imaging test primarily used for detection of cancer and several other ailments. The PET-CT Scan is a test that is done on a special PET-CT Machine which performs the 2 scans together:
- PET Scan: The Positron Emission Tomography or PET Scan component marks most actively upataking cells in the body. During the test, a small dosage of a Radioactive Tracers is injected into the patient. This molecule is an isotope which is actively uptaken by most active cancer cells in the body. The uptake of the tracer is measured by the PET scan component of PET/CT scan, to highlight and mark most cancers.
- CT Scan: The Computed Tomography or CT Scan is used for anatomical localisation of the body. A diagnostic quality CT Scan is performed along with the PET scan for the anatomical evaluation of the tests. Prior to the scan, all patients are given oral contrast (positive/negative) to drink. During the scan, intravenous contrast is injected (unless creatinine is high / history of prior allergy / referring physician’s discretion).
Cost of PET CT Scan in Delhi NCR
- Whole Body PET CT Scan (FDG) | Read More
- PSMA Prostate PET CT Scan : | Read More
- PSMA Prostate PET CT Scan charges at HOD Rohini: Rs. 13,999 | Book Now
- PSMA Prostate PET CT Scan charges at HOD Faridabad: Rs. 13,999 | Book Now
- PSMA Prostate PET CT Scan charges at HOD Near AIIMS: Rs. 13,999 | Book Now
- DOTA PET CT Scan (68Ga - DOTANOC): | Read More
- DOTA PET CT Scan charges in Rohini at HOD: Rs. 19,999 | Book Now
- Cardiac PET Scan: For cardiac viability assessment | Read More
- Cardiac PET Scan charges in Faridabad at HOD : Rs. 13,999 | Book Now
- F-DOPA PET CT Scan: For Parkinson's Disease | Read More
- F-DOPA PET CT Scan charges in Rohini at HOD : Rs. 21,999 | Book Now
- F-DOPA PET CT Scan charges in HOD Near AIIMS : Rs. 21,999 | Book Now
Types of PET-CT Scan
Your doctor will advise you which tracer is best for your PET CT Scan. The following PET Scan tracers and protocols are available with HOD:
- Whole Body PET Scan: Whole Body 18F-FDG PET CT Scan (18F-Fluoro Deoxy Glucose). This is the most common scan and comprises 90% of all PET Scan..
- For Prostate: Ga68 labelled PSMA (Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen) PSMA PET CT Scan. PSMA is better at localizing cases of Prostate Cancer as compared to Whole Body FDG PET Scan.
- For Neuro Endocrine Tumors: Ga68 labelled DOTA – DOTA PET-CT Scan. DOTA is better at localizing cases of NETs (Neuro Endoctine Tumors) as compared to Whole Body FDG PET Scan.
- For Abdomen: Whole Body FDG PET-CT with Triple Phase CT Upper Abdomen
- For Cardiac Viability Assessment: Cardiac PET-CT (FDG PET CT Scan + Cardiac Test Component on a Gamma Camera)
Preparation for PET-CT Scan
- Fasting: 4-6 hours of fasting is required. Overnight fasting is preferred. During the period of fasting only plain water is allowed.
- Ongoing Medication: Kindly inform us about any ongoing medications for you may require a special preparation for your examination.
- Advise for Diabetics for Whole Body PET CT Scan: Diabetic patients should have light breakfast at 6:00 am on the day of test, and must take the advised prescription. It is important not to miss the diabetic medication in the morning of the test date. Please inform us about your diabetic prescription for us to plan the needful for your test.
- Creatinine And Urea Tests: It is mandatory to have blood test levels for Serum Creatinine and Urea checked before the examination. Incase a high value of creatinine, please approach us to connect you with our doctor, for further advice
- Clinical Records: While coming for PET scan please carry all your relevant medical records for reference (Doctor’s prescription, previous CT/MRI films along with reports, treatment summary, discharge papers, surgery details, biopsy / post surgery histopathology reports etc). Submission of such clinical records helps doctors to work-up and identify your case-specific diagnostic detailing.
- Old Records: If a prior PET scan has been performed, kindly do not forget to bring DICOM version in a CD and reports. Without CD of the previous PET scan, comparison for measuring improvement or deterioration of cancer will not be possible.
Time Taken for the PET CT ScanThe entire PET CT Scan procedure takes around 3-4 hours. Scanning time per se is approximately 30-45 mins de-pending upon the clinical conditions.
- Verification of Documents: After reaching the location at your specified Time the reception staff verifies your documents are complete. Please ensure that you carry your hospital records and previous scan reports and images to enable the best case detailing for yourself. If not done in the past dew days, the mandatory Creatinine and Urea Blood Test are conducted for your test.
- Checking Vitals: After obtaining the Creatinine and Urea, technical Team will then check the patient’s vitals, to rule out common problems such as a fever, and then conduct an Blood Glucose Test on the spot for FDG PET Scan cases to ensure your viability for the scan.
- Administration of the Tracer: Your PET Tracer will next be administered, and you will be given oral contrast to drink and wait till the medicine gets absorbed by the body.
- PET CT Scan Conducted: You will have to lie down still in the machine for a few minutes and follow the Nuclear Physicist’s instruction for the PET CT scan.
- IV Contrast and PET CECT Scan: Unless contrast is contra-indicated or creatinine is observed to be high, IV Contrast will then be injected via a Pressure Injector for CT Contrast. After Contrast is Injected, the PET-CT Scan with contrast is conducted.
- Additional Sequencing (If Required): In cases such as the Whole Body PET-CT with Triple Phase Abdomen or If required by the nuclear physician. You may be required to spend an additional few minutes in the machine after the routine pet scan is conducted for delayed or other phase acquisitions.
- Wait for Films and a CD: In most cases, your Films and CD will be available within a couple of hours of the scan.
- Wait for Reports: Since PET-CT Scan is a detailed investigation, our team of doctors will be reviewing and reporting your study within 24-48 working hours. You should get a SMS regarding your report as soon as the PET Scan and Other Tests (if any) is approved.
How does HOD offer a Low Cost for PET Scans?
Knowing that PET-CT Scan is a leading tool for cancer diagnostics, we at HOD, put in a conscientious effort in bringing down prices to the lowest we can offer.
- No-Commission/Referral Policy - Cutting out the middleman: Many a times leading imaging centers and hospitals need to enroll aggregators, 3rd party websites at a referral/commission and other partners to drive volumes for PET Scans. We at HOD, avoid such financial relationships, and simply extend this benefit directly to the customer as a discount.
- Profits by Volumes:At HOD we strongly believe that our volumes will drive profits and not the other way around. However, one of the downside we acknowledge is that it is not uncommon to expect a waiting at our facilities for the scan. Yet, we put in our efforts to give you the industry leading quality at substantially subsidized cost.
- Market Leading Technology:For PET Scans, we deploy industry leading technology such as Germany based SIEMENS and USA based GE PET-CT Scanners in all our branches. Better technology, enables us to lower our down-times, better manage routine maintenance, thus enabling us to operate leaner and yet give you the best in class output at an affordable cost.
- Experienced Nuclear Medicine Doctors:Every PET Scan at HOD is reported by our team of experienced Nuclear Medicine Physicians in India. We strongly believe that by investing in experienced Doctors behind your reports, gives you the benefit of best in class clinical reports and gives us the benefit of a valued and cost effective word of mouth marketing from you.
PET-CT Scan in West Delhi
PET-CT Scan in North Delhi
PET-CT Scan in South Delhi
PET-CT Scan in Haryana
PET-CT Scan in Uttar Pradesh